View Single Post
Old 28-04-20, 12:20
MLU Administrator

Default Back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
Thanks for thinking of me guys.

Everyone here is surviving the Covid bug as best we can..... easier to do as I live in a rural area away from crowds and there is room to go for a walk without seeing anyone and never leave the property. However, the whole issue with extensive news coverage does drag you down after a while. Never had cabin fever during Spring time but here we go. Spring here as been ideal, with no snow precipitation during the whole month of March....... but I do miss the ability to drive to the village and pickup some nuts and bolts, etc. working alone in the fresh Spring air is nice but not has pleasant as having some one else around to chit chat,compare notes, swap ideas and gets outright boring after a while.
Hello Bob, indeed these are strange times. Recently I read an article that especially for men with their "hanging around together" types of friendship (you know, twirling spanners and drinking beer) are impacted more by the social distancing than (online) "chatty" female friendships. Hang in there, it will be over sometime soon. Whenever I feel locked up, I think of Anne Frank and the thousands of other people who had to live in hiding for many years with the fear of being sent to a concentration camp if caught....

Send my regards to Rob and Grant - maybe this desert truck will give you the inspration for a sorely missed "Hammond Barn" series of threads