View Single Post
Old 27-04-09, 12:04
C8AX Ambulance (NZ), UC1*

Default I've found a cover in NZ to copy.

I have borrowed an original cover, with the C^ stencilled on the back cover, so it is most likely from a C15A from mid to late war, but it fits the C8AX canopy frame like a glove!

It is in fairly good shape, but has lost the front window, and has torn material in the left side window. They have what looks like a light weight canvas material, but have possibly been painted over with a dark stain or paint as they are quite stiff compared with the canvas of the cover.

The front opening/window lines up exactly with the cab rear window opening for height, but is slightly narrower.

Questions:
1. What did you decide the original windows were made of?

2. Did the front window have a flap or similar to allow communication with the cab occupants?

3. How were they tied on? The ropes on the side of this one are over 7 feet long, the front about 6 foot, and the back quite a lot shorter.

4. What do the rear flap clips look like?

I will get a couple made locally for my brother's truck and mine.
Incidentally there are a lot of similarities to the C8AX ambulance canopy, which again I was fortunate to find an original to measure and copy.

I have been following this thread with interest for some time, but haven't seen the answers to these questions above.

Hope you can help Stewart

Rob