View Single Post
Old 28-04-09, 03:28
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Beale View Post
I have borrowed an original cover, with the C^ stencilled on the back cover, so it is most likely from a C15A from mid to late war, but it fits the C8AX canopy frame like a glove!

It is in fairly good shape, but has lost the front window, and has torn material in the left side window. They have what looks like a light weight canvas material, but have possibly been painted over with a dark stain or paint as they are quite stiff compared with the canvas of the cover.

The front opening/window lines up exactly with the cab rear window opening for height, but is slightly narrower.

Questions:
1. What did you decide the original windows were made of?

2. Did the front window have a flap or similar to allow communication with the cab occupants?

3. How were they tied on? The ropes on the side of this one are over 7 feet long, the front about 6 foot, and the back quite a lot shorter.

4. What do the rear flap clips look like?

I will get a couple made locally for my brother's truck and mine.
Incidentally there are a lot of similarities to the C8AX ambulance canopy, which again I was fortunate to find an original to measure and copy.

I have been following this thread with interest for some time, but haven't seen the answers to these questions above.

Hope you can help Stewart

Rob
Can you post some pics of the top ? Would make it easier to comment on .
Mike
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad