Thread: Heads Up: Denim Tank Suit news
View Single Post
Old 18-07-18, 12:34

Also received my denim coverall yesterday. 2 weeks longer than initially told, and 4 months after payment. A bit long (longer than for the 2 pixies ordered last year), but it really was worth it. The tissue is very nice and soft, the tailoring is quite good, although the sleeves are 10cm longer than the measurements I sent to Irfan. Just returned them over so it's not a big deal. The measurements on the label don't match at all with the real measurements,but that's not an issue.
Irfan sent me the DHL tracking number, and it took 7 days from Pakistan to delivery in France. So, again, a good reproduction that will perfectly do the job
Thanks again Jim for these brilliant oversuits initiatives !

FYI I have sent to Irfan last year an original british despatch rider's WW2 rubberized rain coat, asking him if he can make repros, but slightly lighter and non rubberized (the original coats were made of very thick canvas tissue, so they are heavy, bulky and quite uncomfortable to wear, especially on a motorcycle !).
It can be an interesting garment not only for despatch riders reenactors, but also for all who wish to be protected during rainy events, or as a unique vintage style raincoat at any time. Indeed no one has ever made repros of those coats, and when you have the chance to find a rare original one, it's usually in bad condition. So he's working on it and I'll let you know and open a thread about it.
I also asked him if he can realize repros of jerkins and despatch riders gloves, beeing leather made like the originals. Technically it seems OK for him, but needs first to set the price he'll ask for them. If it's equivalent to repros from SOF, Epic militaria or similar shops in Europe/US, it won't be worth it due to shipping costs from Pakistan. There again, I'll let you know.

Jean-Marc

Last edited by Pip Roberts; 18-07-18 at 12:55.