View Single Post
Old 28-10-16, 15:19
carrier mech

Quote:
However, I do not have ball cap, sox or underwear
This does sound like a problem. Talk to your Commanding Officer or maybe the chaplain, and perhaps he can arrange something. Or if you post your address here on MLU, perhaps the forum members will mail you some.

Martin:

You are starting to fit in here, but try not to join the degradation of the long-timers. Before any trip like this, I calculate the worst case scenario, and pack that many days worth of socks and undergarments, with one set to spare. And of course there is always a dry pair of socks in the console.....as any soldier knows, there is nothing like a dry pair of socks on a wet pair of feet to raise morale back up.

On the August trip, the socks went out the back window each night, and by the third day, so did the running shoes. Happy to report that there was zero losses in this department during this trip.

While your offer of spirits is appreciated, I gave up that stuff years ago. I cannot afford to maintain my hobbies and that avenue.....other people can pay the government the sin taxes. Just pay it forward at some point to someone else on the forum, and life will balance it all out.

Now to try and get this thread back on track, here are a couple shots taken during the unloading yesterday. In one shot, it was to try and show how close the safety chains were to the ground. I thought it was the tongue weight, which in the end, while it turned out to be OK, it was the 2 Jeep engines and the box of rims, flywheels, and brake drums that had the truck's hitch dragging.

Also happy to report that the flag that Bob applied to the end of the barrel made it through the whole trip. I did see several of the dreaded MTO trucks along the route, but they left me alone. I suspect that, upon seeing the experienced flag, they realized they were working with a seasoned pro and did not want to hassle him.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0013.jpg   DSCF0014.jpg   DSCF0016.jpg   DSCF0018.jpg  

Last edited by rob love; 28-10-16 at 15:25.