View Single Post
Old 11-12-12, 16:51

Default If it wasnt for Malcolm I would not have a Carrier.

Hi,

About 20 years ago I saw in a magazine someone local to me had some 'after the Battle Magazines' for sale, the address was local to my place of work so after work i went round there to purchase the magazines, I first saw Malcolm standing by the side of the road to guide me into were he lived. I had a great chat with him about WW2 type stuff and he also showed me some 'Wheels and Tracks' mags aswell, just as I was leaving he said 'come with me son'...........He took me to a nearby shed were to my suprise and great excitment was a 'Bren Gun Carrier', He showed me round the vehicle and i was just so amazed by what he had done in restoring it.

Anyway 15 years later, I saw a carrier for sale in Canada, I got thinking about Carriers again and the carrier I had seen 15 years earlier, I had no contact details only a fague memory of where he lived. I decided one day to go and find where it was, after some while I stumbled on a cottage that looked familiar. I Knocked on the door and was then directed by a lady to a nearby 'shed'. There again was 'Malcolm' and again a full tour of the carrier, we talked at great length about Carriers.

I can only say he inspired me to take up the hobby and has been a vast source of information and guidance. He never wanted anything for carrier parts and we exchanged items and information freely over the six years I have known him.

Rick, Malcolm was the guy you gave a ride round the 'War and Peace' show in your carrier this year with his son, we shared a beer after with him back at base camp. If anyone has a picture of Malcolm in Ricks carrier, please P.M. me.

He will be greatly missed and I hope his sons carry on his passion for carriers.

Kevin.
1941 Standard Mk1 stowage Carrier, light stone.
10 cwt wartime mortar trailer.
1943 Mk2 Daimler Dingo.
1943 Willys MB.
1936 Vickers MG carrier No1 Mk1 CMM 985.