Junior Password Gnome

OK, back on the Set Carrier components list, you will need:

Stores Code Qty Description

ZA.10430 2 Brackets, Angle, No.9
ZA.3103 1 Carriers, Set, No.22
ZA.14972 1 Bases, Carrier No.2
ZA.14030 4 Shock Absorbers, Bridge, No.2 Mk.II
ZA.2987 1 Straps, Clamping, No.1
ZA.2949 1 Straps, Clamping, No.3 (also known as Strap Assembly 14.3/4-in No.1)
ZA/CAN 0655 4 Pads, shock mounting, No.C1
ZB/CAN 2855 12 Screws, BA, Steel, No.2 x 3/8-in

The angle brackets are plated steel, identical to the removable ones on the other carriers, with 6 holes in each. These are fixed to the plates on top of the set case using the 2BA cheesehead screws. (The Strap, Clamping, No.3 is laid on the set case _first_ and the brackets fitted over the top of it, as it won't go underneath afterwards.) After thatn the Pads, Shock Mounting are put on top of the brackets (they are either thick pieces of canvas or sponge rubber to protect the case from the screwheads), the supply unit case laid on its side on top and fastened down using the Straps, Clamping, No.3. Job done!

You are going to have difficulty sourcing Straps, Clamping, at the best of times (and the No.3 in particular) as most WS19 owners took them off and lost them - the set is too damned heavy to move around on its carrier unless you have two people, and removing the set and supply unit, moving the carrier, then reinserting the set and supply unit into their cases is fiddly and time consuming. The No.3 is custom to the Sexton SPG and Universal Carrier, so rather more scarce than the usual (No.2) supply unit strap.

Original shock absorbers will almost certainly have disintegrated by now, but there's a modern equivalent vibration mounting that can be cut to the right size (and bent to shape if you're a perfectionist).

I'll see if I can work out what the 14.3/4-in dimension refers to so you know if you've got the correct strap. Other parts are common to the standard set carriers s I can provide photographs and measurements if required.

Chris.