View Single Post
Old 29-12-20, 19:24
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Farrant View Post
Hi,
....He has a user handbook but it not being in English he is finding it hard to understand. If anyone can help with an English version of manuals or possibly if anyone has already translated manuals, please let me know on here or send me a Private Message.

.... Richard
I doubt if the Swiss ever made a manual in a fourth language on the off-chance someone three generations later might want to read it. I suggest he could use an Optical Character Reader application, such as one that often comes with flatbed scanners, and edit the outcome. The French sections would be my first choice, because English is closer to French than to German. With blocks of text, there are Internet translators, like Bing and Goofle which will confirm 'wheel nuts' and not 'while cuts', or some such legibility flubs. I've used these rather than transcribe long texts. It is easier to edit 10% than type 100%.

Then upshot, is he could turn around his labours and give the text to the Swiss national military museum as an offering for their additional help with technical questions. They are generally quite cooperative if you offer something in return.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!