View Single Post
Old 28-04-03, 01:37
Vets_Dottir

Default RWR Photos at RWR Museum in Wpg

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
No Carman, I don't have a copy and no I have'nt seen it. You say there is a group shot of the Rifles prior to 6 June, interesting?

Cheers
Hi MARK:

There are definately TWO group photos of the RWR's at the Wpg's Museum....one taken in JUNE, 1943 in ENGLAND.... the other in 1944 BEFORE June 6 that hangs in a glassed frame (can't scan that one and it might tash the photo to try remove it to do so (I was told) I haven't SEEN that 1944 photo, but if I can make it home in July for a visit I will go see it. (haven't been home since Aug 1989
and relatives are ragging on me. I'll hitch-hike if I have to GRIN) I'll take a camera with flash in case I'm allowed to take a photo of the photo in the frame.

I also want to try and pick out my other Uncles face (my dads bro)in the photo. He may be in it too. It's Uncle Eddie I'm focussed on tho...STILL.

My sister thinks she might "recognize" a photo image of Uncle Eddie. She's 10 yrs older than I am so saw his old war photo more often than I did. She agreed with my memory that "He was a good-looking boy" (MAN!!!!!!!!!)

I've not forgotten you, or my promises, Uncle Eddie!