View Single Post
Old 20-01-14, 21:42
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRDG View Post
So I sense some disapproval of the diesel swap. It's not our choice either, but I understand funds are a bit limited for what may be a $10-15,000 repair based on some prices presently on the North East Military site (and $23,000 for a C4 engine).

We have spare Detroit diesels here (although I need to confirm if any are 6V53's, Perry) and it sounds like a very interesting project to me. I really enjoy the design/fabrication stuff.

Anyway, I am working full time at a "real" job right now, but retiring in April so I will have more time then to follow up on the leads you all gave me above. In the meantime, we will continue dismantling to find out the full extent of the damage.
Malcolm,

It's not so much disapproval, we're just trying to change your mind.... Seriously, for a museum piece I believe one should try to keep it in it's original configuration. Frankly, the fact that you enjoy the design/fabrication stuff cannot be a decisive factor in the decision to fit it with a diesel. Unless the Sexton is your own, that is - you could even paint it pink
I think there are several options to repair or replace the radial nearer to the museum than having to go to the US or UK - please ask Cliff to check his PMs.

Good luck with your endeavours and I hope you get this Sexton running again.

Regards,
Hanno