View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 21:04

Default Yup F-8 Ford Truck and Lincoln basically the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Phillips View Post
Phil, isn't the 337 ? the very large flathead engine Ford built for both cars and trucks! If that is the case ( and you need one ) I have one available with nos parts. The transmissions on the yellow engine look like the hydramatic of military application, green painted looks non military.
BP

Hi Bob

Thanks for the response, yes the Ford truck 337 and the Lincoln 337 as used in model years 49,50,51 are nearly identical with the truck having solid adjustable valve lifters, and the Lincoln having hydraulic valve lifters. Big hunks of engine and transmission weight over 900 lbs.

My comment about wanting one is a bit to tongue and cheek if I could find a NOS one that would not need to be rebuilt that would probably be cheaper than rebuilding one. I have two Lincoln engines that need overhauling to be put back in the car I'm currently restoring. One of the two is from my fathers 49 Lincoln and was fully hot rod in the day and is already bored out to 350 cubic inches. The other engine is original to the car 62845 miles on the odometer.

May I keep your offer in mind as I get into my engines this summer?

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com