View Single Post
Old 19-06-17, 17:56

Default Restauring the Citadelle of Quebec BREN Carrier

Hi gents,

I will post pictures of the BREN later. In order to begin the restoration plan I would like to know how was used the BREN carrier during WW1?

Were they given to the units or they were from a different unit in support of the battalions?

We will refresh the paint of the BREN that is sitting inside the walls. I'm fighting hard to have the vehicle restored in working condition. I have few people supporting my idea and some don't. I think I have good arguments but will see what will happen.

Right now, the BREN is painted in grey, which is totally wrong. Also, it appears that the BREN was given to the Citadelle's Museum by the PPCLI. Right from the bat, I would be looking to apply the PPCLI markings but I do not know if the vehicle was owned by them or not. If not, I would love to see what kind of markings we should apply on it.

Are there any CFR on these vehicles and would it be possible to find the life history of this vehicle? If any of you can help me finding the proper markings, it would be good.

Thanks for your input...