View Single Post
Old 19-06-17, 22:57
carrier mech

There were a number of Universal carriers collected by 2VP back in the latter half of the 70s. They wanted one for their parades, which I presently have here in the museum workshop. To save some measure of time, they moved the mk1 armour onto a mk2 hull, and then kind of tossed brackets from either mark wherever it suited them. One of my early Sgts was on that project, and as well there was a scrapbook in the duty center of 2VP showing the collection and repair of the vehicles.

I suspect yours may have been made up of some of the residue after this one was completed. I note some mk2 stuff on it, although the hull appears to be mk1. It does appear to be an uncut hull though.

I recall seeing 2 or 3 more hulls in the 3VP compound in the early 80s, which suddenly disappeared, I suspect as scrap.

Dave Good's carrier was, at one time, mine. It was one of the ones buried in a marsh bank about an hour from here......I started on the project but then sold it off as part of the liquidation of my hobbies in order to fund a divorce.