Thread: Shipping firms
View Single Post
Old 29-11-08, 22:14

Default shipping to uk.

Hi, bring it in with John Grange Shipping, based at felixstowe suffolk, John brought my carrier in no problem, sorted out the import fees, taxes, port fees loading/unloading etc, he should have a commodity code on file from my carrier he brought in from Ontario, it's a historic item so you only pay 5% vat on the declared value, you have to pay vat on the shipping fees aswell. however you look at it will take up over half of a 20' sea contatiner, It will cost you £2500 all in Richard, this is based on a carrier weight of 3.5 tons, yours is less, I would quote 2 tons for yours, John has handled stuff for the imperial war museam, this is right up his street, he is very helpful, dont forget your vat paid form as you will need this when you come to register it with the DVLA as an imported vehicle, no road tax, no mot, pay £55 for an age relared plate £75 insurance and drive it around the streets on 'L' plates until you get your 'H' licence (you will have to take out the gunners seat) if the police stop you say there is no seat for a co-driver and on you go ? even taking the 'H' test is easy the examiner will come round your house. Give me a call richard when you get time i think i e-mailed you my number.

Anyone notice anything odd about the attached picture of a carrier?.
Attached Thumbnails
2006_04090231.jpg