Thread: Dirk Leegwater
View Single Post
Old 03-02-20, 14:22

Today is Dirk’s funeral service perhaps even now as I writes this. Dirk was an easy friend! Even though I did not see him often we just took up our friendship like the last time we saw each other was only last week. When actually it may have been 3 or 4 years. I met Dirk somewhere in the mid 1990s when Barry Churcher and Brian Gough brought him to visit me while Dirk was in Canada on a holiday. That was the start of what became many years of friendship. One time we traveled together to Pennsylvania to one of the biggest car shows in the USA. We stopped off at a gun store in PA where we rented hand guns by the 1/2 hour. It seemed very unusual until we discovered they had a three bay gun range. Equally unusual was a pet deer named Daisy that would wonder through the store. After Dirk shot a handgun for the first time we closing out the visit by feeding Daisy then back on our way to the car show. Dirk had a lot of fun buying every military looking old horn he could find. He filled the back of the van with horns and other goodies that he was so happy to buy.
That and many other fond memories will be with me always .
The hobby has lost one of our strongest supporters. Dirk was a member of the OMVA for a very long time!
On behalf of the OMVA, my condolences to Stefan and his family for their loss.
I would also like to wish Barry and Brian a safe trip back to Canada after the service. What a testimony to your friendship to be able to attend!

Last edited by Les Fisher; 03-02-20 at 21:15.