Thread: Dirk Leegwater
View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 12:32
MLU Administrator

Default RIP, Dirk!

Last Monday Dirk was brought to his last resting place. The church was packed with family, friends and people from the local community. Barry & Brian, Dirk’s best friends from Canada came over to pay their last respects. A sizeable representation of Keep Them Rolling was present as well.

Alex and I brought funeral flowers on behalf of the friends and members of Maple Leaf Up Forum.

After the service Dirk went on his last ride in Stefan's recently restored C8A HUP. Stefan drove the HUP to Dirk's last resting place at the local church.

As a memory of happier times, I am sharing the picture which was made in June 2004 at Arromaches beach, Normandy, France. I think it is symbolic for Dirk as it combines his work and hobby in one. Dirk spent a large part of his working life cleaning the beaches of North Holland. His hobby was all centered around Canadian military vehicles and the friends he made though this hobby. He and Stefan had recently restored the C15TA and it was on it's first outing abroad. Years later Barry Churcher traded a number of project vehicles against Dirk's C15TA, so his truck now lives in Canada where he loved to be.

From left to right: Hanno Spoelstra, Shawn Winnington-Ball, Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP), Dirk Leegwater (RIP), Brian Gough, Barry Churcher, Stefan Leegwater.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2004-06_Arromanches_MLU friends.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	111831