View Single Post
Old 05-11-18, 01:27

I took a closer look at the Slow Motion Drive on the Remote Receiver this weekend and in the process noticed that the front, fine tuning knob seemed to be set too far back on the control shaft assembly. I compared this to my backup 52-Set receiver and my Mk III 19-Set and both confirmed the shaft should be set back into the fine control knob about 1/32-inch. I also noted there is a considerable space between the fine and course knobs. Time for a closer look.

The set screw in the fine tuning knob came out quite easily but when examining the shaft assembly I found the set screw was no where even close to the keyway in the shaft it is supposed to lock into. It was actually gripping the shaft an eighth of an inch back of the keyway.

When I started on the course control knob, I discovered the set screw was located well into the knob and covered by years of dirt accumulation. Once I could reach it, it came out easily. This time as well, the set screw was not even close to its keyway. It had actually been tightened on the very leading edge of the course control shaft. Down the front face of it in fact. Only about half of the diameter of the course control knob was supported by its shaft and the set screw, when run home, acted like a lever, cocking the knob onto an angle.

After taking the time to clean the Slow Motion Drive and knobs, I reattached the two knobs, taking care to get both set screws into their proper positions. End result, the Slow Motion Drive on my Remote Receiver now looks and operates like it should.

Before and after photos are attached.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Remote Receiver Slow Motion Drive 1.JPG   WS No.52 Remote Receiver Slow Motion Drive 2.JPG