Thread: Humber FV1600
View Single Post
Old 23-02-06, 06:09
Phil

Well my Humber is a std cargo but with some mods to make it a FFW.
Some of the Mods are:-
*Small box on the outside rear of the cab on the blanked off window to take harness cable.
*Shielded access point near the box to alow harness cable into cab.
*Mounting holes on the drivers side of the passenger seat for a Control unit type 'C' or 'D'.
*Pre-drilled holes in both sides of the rear body, front and rear for antenna mounts.
*Power junction box at the front left inside corner of the head board.
Thats about it as the truck still retained the std single speed generator and also winch. Though I have seen 1 with these mods without winch and by it's colours I am guessing it was a ex Woomera truck.
Radios were run off battery packs and not the trucks batteries and they were recharged by a 12v 300watt Chore-horse gen set.

My truck had rust in all the usual places...roof and sills but overall was in a good condition. Still has its original engine. Best MPG recorded was 9mpg. It's been fitted out with a C11~R210 and C42 set.

Back in 1999 I aquired a few ton of NOS and seconhand parts, as well as the remains of another truck. ended up with enough parts to just about build a truck with all new running gear bar the clutch and engine. Also NOS mud guards, fuel tanks, glass, seals etc etc.

So currently the "Beast" is off the road as I think one of the CV joints is just about to throw the towel in... so thats parts are going to come in handy now. When I get motivated to take it on again.

More to follow...

Phil...
Milt Land Rovers
Inc:- 58 "gun buggy", 60 FFW, 70 FFW, 71 10 seater Wgn, 69 GS.
M3 Stuart Light Tank "hybrid"
FV1600 Humber FFW/cargo
Mk1 Ferret scout car (waiting restoration)
Various trailers
Inc:- K38, "Ben Hur" 1 ton, 200 Gal "Humber" water tank Tlr, Aust jeep, Landrover recovery.
Milt Radios
etc etc...