View Single Post
Old 13-01-22, 16:50

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

The Knobs, Metal from the front panel of the Vibratory Supply has now been cleaned of all its old paint and is now ready for a coast of its galvanized metal primer.

Notice the ring cast into the zinc around the rim of the Knob. With all the 52-Set components I now have on hand, there are a total of 11 Knobs, Metal to look at and this is the only one to have this ring. All the others have a smooth front face. It is possible Canadian Marconi was contracting with two suppliers for these Knobs, but if that were the case, one would expect to see more of these ringed examples, particularly given the random locations throughout the 52-Set production run that all the serial numbers on the components fall.

Then I recalled the Philco stamp on top of the Power Transformer in the Vibratory Supply. At the time I found it, the simple assumption was Philco was contracted to make these transformers for Canadian Marconi, but is it possible Philco was actually a sub-contractor for the entire Vibratory Supply assembly, and they in turn had a different company casting the zinc Knobs, Metal they needed to fulfill their contact?

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 40.JPG