View Single Post
Old 20-06-19, 10:39

Default Moama NSW, Centurion 5/1 (Aust), formation sign

Hi All,
I have searched these forums for information relating to formation signs for Vietnam vehicles, such as the Centurion Mk5/1 (Aust) out front of the Moama RSL (refer attached). Despite the many references to Formation signs and vehicle markings of the Australian Army 1903-1983 by Stephen Taubert I am unable to find this particular sign.

Q1: Is this a genuine formation/TAC sign of the era? (And if 'yes' any information of which formation it signifies will be appreciated)

There are various references on these forums to the above mentioned work being available on CDROM. Apart from a mailing address I can find no contact information including an email address or phone number online.

Q2: Does anyone know if the work by Taubert is still available in electronic format? If 'yes' I would be delighted if someone could PM me an email address or phone number so I can acquire a copy for myself.

For the terminally curious I travel around Victoria (and sometimes over the border) photographing/researching/documenting military artillery pieces and armoured vehicles on public display for a hobby.
Any assistance appreciated.
Kind regards, Owen.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190609_090104.jpg