View Single Post
Old 07-02-08, 07:52

Alex,

You really have been working hard to get the RTA system operational for us.

Those who are trailering/trucking their vehicles for Corowa area travel should thank you for your efforts.

Those driving from Qld,Vic or SA in their unregistered machines will have to have Temporary Permits from their departure state. I have driven all over Australia on Temporary Permits and have a number of times been checked by police (in another state) with no problems.

You will note on the RTA/Vic Roads etc web sites that they all say the temporary permit is for their state but that they are recognized by other states under reciprocal arrangements. They normally run for 28 days and have displays such as ours as one of the specific reasons for their existence.

I think there should be no problem with genuine travelers doing Corowa with Temporary Permits from their own state. If say, Queenslanders decided the Vic Roads permits are so quick and easy on line they got one and stuck it on their windscreen they are certainly asking for trouble.

I am not trying to upset your arrangements but I feel if people arrive with genuine Temporary Permits from their own state issued to travel to and from Corowa they won't get a hard time from NSW police. It should not be necessary to get an RTA permit to drive in official Corowa events on top of their home Corowa specified permits.

lang