View Single Post
Old 15-12-17, 01:01

George, I don't think the 3mm plate will be an issue as the original alloy was only about 5-6mm and certainly not as strong as steel and the riser is only 100mm in height but as this is the first engine component I have built, I'll call it an educated guess . I will make sure that I don't do my initial start up late at night
Perry, Canada not far at all if you say it quickly and I've probably skun enough knuckles for the both of us and a few more .
On another note, I was talking to Jack Neville on the phone yesterday and it came up about tools and things we have that make our job easy so I thought I would share this with everyone and perhaps others might have helpful things in return.
It's always a pain in the centre section between your feet and head with extension chords or the drill is just not quite long enough or you are constantly changing power tools in the socket. It just stuck one day through sheer frustration of chords under my feet and no where to put my drill and grinder to I made a tool tree and it was the best thing I have ever done to ease frustration and having one solid work area on wheels. I need one power lead that I plug into my power board and all my power tools are plugged in all the time and some where to hang or hook them so they are not on my work area. and not in the way.
Just food for thought
Attached Thumbnails
20171214_133743.jpg   20171215_100225.jpg   20171215_100340.jpg   20171215_100415.jpg