Thread: American Trip
View Single Post
Old 17-02-17, 10:05
Jeep guy in CMP world!

HI Paul,

Being an aussie, i` not sure how close you might get on or en route, but if you can, if your able to get to Denver, CO try ad swing by for MV stuff/interesting surpluss stuff. We stopped at these (well looked in the window of one and wwalked in/hunted in another) and were very impressed!

1. Surplus Tools (not sure where they are in Denver, but it should be googleable or check a phone directory).

2. Sviegel (spelling?) auto parts (on the outskirts of Denver next to a highway)- a very OLD wrecking yard with LOTS of cool stuff in side, mostly civvy but definitely MV stuff hidden on the shelves.

Theres also some really good co-op style antique stores. I remember one quite well; as we stopped to look, I went to the bank out the front and the rather attractive young teller gave me $200USD more than I asked for with out debiting my account and I quickly gave it back (I think the aussie accent threw her and she was happy for a chat!)! She was very happy wen I handed a wad of notes back and pointed out the error! Didnt find anything in the antique store to spend the withdrawn money on, but i`ll never forget it!

Cheers,
Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net

Last edited by Ian Fawbert; 17-02-17 at 10:10. Reason: add more info!