Thread: 11 Set stuff
View Single Post
Old 22-05-16, 13:17
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletrac View Post
I got this key off ebay for parts. It's a ZA3145. What wireless set is it for? I saw one on the net and the brass mounting plate said ZA4500 which is for an 11 set. I'm assuming the plate had been swapped. I used the plate and finger rest on my other key.
The third picture is the strap on assembly that I thought was a No4 assembly but it has a US J37 key in it. I thought the cover looked a bit too wide and a bit too shallow. The seller said it was for a 19 set.
I included the flashlight in one picture just because it's kinda cool!
Not sure about the ZA.3145 key, as it's not in the 1940 Z1 vocabulary but must be fairly early. It probably is original, and may be for the WS.2 or WS.3 since it's got the finger guard to protect the operator from high voltages on the key.

The one with the J37 key is a US or Canadian Key & Plug Assembly No.9 for the WS19, possibly made by Westclox - there may be a name stamped on the cover or base. (Actually, it's most likely American manufacture.)

The Flashlight is the standard "Lamp, Electric, No.1" with its blackout shutter and red filter (to avoid ruining your night vision). It's a pity the "800" cycle lamp batteries are no longer available.

Chris.