View Single Post
Old 23-04-22, 20:39
MLU Administrator

Latest news, please make sure you order your copy straight from Kuno if you’re interested. He doesn’t make any money on this really but needs the sales to cover his costs and publish the next issue:

Quote:
THANK YOU MR. POSTMAN: TRACKS 2022

The most awaited delivery of today was the 100 printed copies of TRACKS 2022. I can say that writing and publishing is sometimes tiresome and it happens that just want to stop in the middle of a project - but all is forgotten once you have the printed result in your hands (and a few minutes later a new idea starts to take shape :-)).

Still - some more copies need to be sld to re-cover the direct cost. TRACKS 2022 can be ordered at below mentioned links or directly from me - see all the details below.

I have planned to ship all ordered copies within about ten days from now.

TRACKS Revival 2022 (The Magazine commemorating the LRDG)
TRACKS was a “one issue” magazine done by the LRDG and distributed in Kufra in June 1941. In 2021, eighty years after, it was “revived” by a group of authors, not out of a commercial interest but of pure enthusiasm for the subject: The LRDG.
The reception of TRACKS 2021 was very well, the reader’s feedback all very positive. This encouraged the authors to go for TRACKS 2022. Again, we have a “bunch” of LRDG-related articles, topics not too widely known, which should find the interest of the LRDG enthusiast.
TRACKS 2021 consisted of 52 pages – TRACKS 2022 has substantially “grown” to 64 pages containing 148 illustrations and photographs.
CONTENT 2021
• Howard’s Cairn --- Kuno Gross
• Now & Then: Siwa, Cleoptatra’s Pool --- Kuno Gross
• LRP - First Reconnaissance Mission --- Bob Amos-Jones
• Who was Norman Moore? (2) --- David Redhead
• Patrol Truck Chevrolet 1533X2 --- Charlie Down
• Badges and Insignia of the LRDG --- Brendan O’Carroll
• LRDG Memorials --- B. O’Carroll, K. Gross and M. Kennedy Shaw
• LRDG poem --- J. G. Medemmen
• Shepheard's Hotel in Cairo --- Sam Watson
• Raiding Forces Wings --- Sam Watson
• LRDG silver Goblet carved Bone Knife --- Sam Watson
• Fata Morgana or Reality? --- Tarek el Mahdy
• Recovery from the Desert --- Mohamed Nabil (Translated by Tarek el Mahdy)
• Attempting Identification --- Kuno Gross
• LRDG Heavy Section - Marmon Herrington --- Erik Ahlström
• Sgt. Fraser's Cigarette Case --- Jack Valenti
• B122 Conduct Sheets (Continued) --- Ian Chard
Magazine details:
• Publisher: BoD – Books on Demand
• Language: English
• Paperback: 64 pages
• Illustrations & photos: 148
• ISBN: 978-3-755-71623-5
• Dimensions: 19 x 27 cm
Ordering details
TRACKS 2022 can be found at www.bod.de (under: “buchshop”) or, if you prefer, at Amazon and other bookdealers. However, we are also receiving pre-orders. The cost of a pre-ordered copy is EUR 21.50 (including worldwide shipping). Pre-orders are collected from now and then shipped all at once, presumably at the end of March /beginning of April. So, pre-orders will take some time until they reach the readers but will be a substantial support for the authors to cover the cost. If you can, and if you are a bit patient – please go for the pre-orders. Please send me a PM via Facebook/Messenger or an e-mail to info(at)jebelsherif.org for payment details (pls. replace the (at) with "@" in the e-mail address).
[NOTE: The original ask was EUR 20.-. However, since PayPal, takes about EUR 1,50, I have only received EUR 18.50... therefore the asking price has been updated to EUR 21.50]

Click image for larger version

Name:	03B0247C-3240-4C60-8673-52F28BA56518.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	128321