View Single Post
Old 27-06-19, 10:03
VMVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
The extinguisher fitted to Battery Staff, Office etc was described as:

'Extinguisher, Fire, 2-gallon, Foam Type' in most instances.

The Vocab number was LV6-MT1 0879-Z.

In one instance I have, the nomenclature was extended to include 'MT Type', which I take to mean 'Mechanised Transport' or 'Mechanical Transport' or 'Motor Transport' - the abbreviation has multiple meanings.

The 15 cwt fire tender had one each of:

'Extinguisher, fire, 2 gallon, Foam (marine or transportation type)'
'Extinguisher, fire, 2 gallon, Soda-Acid (marine or transportation type)'

The Vocab numbers are: KG 2063 and KG 2067.

The latter ones mentioned would appear to be the same or a similar design to that detailed by Tony, but I'm not sure about the first one above, which lacks the 'marine or transport type' descriptor, and has a different vocab number. Common sense would suggest the extinguisher would have some means to prevent unintended initiation during cross country travel, but in only one description I have does it indicate that it was specifically for 'MT Transport'.

Mike
Good Day all,

A late follow up to the info in this thread:

Backtracking a bit I contacted the Fire Service Museum of Victoria last year and they kindly provide me with the attached information.

I just obtained a Transport or Marine type Soda Acid extinguisher based on the info they supplied.

The soda acid type has the glass bottle attached to the top in a cage and the foam type extinguisher lacks that cage and perhaps has a different stopper for the foam tube. Other than that I believe both types of caps are the same.

Hope this is of some interest.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
extinguishers 1 - Copy.jpg   extinguishers 2 - Copy.jpg   extinguishers 3 - Copy.jpg   IMG_0118.JPG   IMG_0120.JPG  

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 27-06-19 at 23:27.