View Single Post
Old 19-12-13, 19:55

The PDF file I attached at post #10 above lists 3 different size boxes. I'm not sure how much of the hardware was common to the different boxes (although the photos in posts #10-12 above may be showing two patterns of hinge). None of those in #10-12 seem to show the lifting handle style shown in post #16. Who knows if the differences are due to battery box maker, early/late, country of manufacture, hardware supplier, whatever was available or personal whim?

The concept of sizing to fit modern batteries depends on whether your prime goal is a working radio or a visually correct setup. (And how much time, money and effort you might want to put into sourcing modern batteries that might approximate the old sizes. If you want to go that route, start by hunting up the BCI charts of battery sizes.) I'm more concerned with the appearance of having a radio kit in the truck than an accurately functioning radio, so I wouldn't be worried if the boxes didn't have a battery within. To each their own.