View Single Post
Old 14-08-17, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin jones View Post
I sent the museum a email about their Vickers tank and just got a reply back today.
Their tank is complete but in order for them to have it displayed inside they had to drain all fluids. The director told me that because of this, the tank is not in running condition. I asked if someone could possibly take some photos of the inside of the tank for me which I would be happy to have paid for but he said because of safety reasons it had been welded shut and was not able to help with my request. That Vickers would have been the perfect one for reference as it, I assume has not been touched inside and is probably as original inside as the day it was made.
Is there anyone here that has any influence over there or possibly know someone that does. Photos of the inside of that tank would be invaluable to me.
Colin.
When I was seeking information of internal turret fittings on a MkVIA, a Canadian member of the forum went to check the tank out, it was outside at the time, and if I recall, there was a wasps nest inside and thought it unwise to try and open the turret up. Assume this is the same tank. The detail I needed was I think the signalling lamp which pushed up through the turret roof. I do not think it was present in the Puckapunyal one.

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor