View Single Post
Old 06-02-12, 13:22

Default Hands Off The Flag

Those who hold a grudge against the Poms for past misdeeds should also remember that the people represented by that flag virtually stood alone when the NAZI juggernaut looked like realising the dreams of the insane criminal/s running the show.

I for one am not ashamed to be associated with them and have no problem with the Union Flag being in the corner of our own. It is not a symbol of domination, it merely represents our roots as the Southern cross represents where we are now. What may be or is yet to come is in the blue. At least that's the way I see it.

The Canadians changed their flag because they had to to mollify the separatists. I see no good reason to change our own. I like it the way it is.

As far as the aboriginals and their grievances are concerned, just one question to throw a different light on the subject. How would they have fared if the Japanese had overrun the country? We all know the answer to that one. It's about time they took responsibility for their own future instead of blaming the evil white man for all their problems. They will never get anywhere until they do.

David

Last edited by motto; 08-02-12 at 03:19.