Thread: C8 data plate
View Single Post
Old 11-01-07, 22:26
David Pope

Default Tilt mounting

Here's a picture of the tilt frame mounting. It's propped up a few inches so you can see how it works. The channel has a piece of flat iron welded across the top of it that the mounting bolt and the top bow goes through too. This would be so the wing nut is out in the open where you can get at it from the top. I don't have the wing nuts so it just has 5/16 bolts and nuts holding it now. Notice that the end bows are threaded where they protrude through the bottom of the channel so the legs can thread on. The centre bows stick through too but they aren't threaded. The channel is wide enough so the ends of the bows are beyond the outside of the box itself. From pictures I've seen it looks like a pipe coupler threads on to them, then a short pipe (6" or so) and then a long coupler. The hinged leg setup goes up into this long coupler and must be able to move up and down but not fall out. This way when the legs are in use the hinge will be up inside the coupler and won't be able to hinge any more. If anybody has a better idea on how this works, let me know. It doesn't show in the picture but the two footman loops for the strap that stows the legs are still there on the side of the box. The twisting knobs that hold the front of the canvas inside the box are there too.
Does anyone have any details of how the radio was attached?
Mike, I have a few pages of that list, but would appreciate it if you would send a copy of the whole thing. Thanks.
That picture above with the body on my S10 was taken in Biggar, Sask., where the world record whitetail deer was shot.

Attached Thumbnails
mvc-589f.jpg  

Last edited by cletrac (RIP); 18-02-08 at 22:38.