View Single Post
Old 09-03-13, 00:49

Default Info about pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Johns View Post
This is my Great Uncle Fred who passed away a year and a half ago. He was with the Hasty Pees when they landed and fought in Italy and was transfered to the SDG's in time for D-Day.
Hello Ian,
Attachment-(without number) is could be made in Elspeet. about 60 km E. of Hilversum.
Attachment-1 Could be made in Hilversum in the S.-area. When we go to Hilversum I will check the houses in that area.
Attachment=2 is your uncle with a 17 Pounder AT-gun on the inner yard of School no.4 and 6. Is it possible that your uncle was part of the AT-gun plt. of Capt. Gault ? I will check the background (houses) when we are in Hilversum.
Attachment-3: I have some other lists, some with less locations. It gives Info in an other way, but will give a better view where the Glens were in detail.
Attachment-4: the pict is made in Hilversum at the Maple Leaf Stadium. Several picts were made: left to right, front and right to left. I have one where you can identify most faces of the Glens, including a list with names of most officers in front.
Is it possible to send me your pictures size 1/1 at 300dpi or better 2/1 at 300dpi ?
Kind Regards, Wigger
Attached Thumbnails
SD&G 450 MLSHsum R>L 40.No.s.jpg