View Single Post
Old 02-06-19, 21:35

Default Been gone for a while

So after more than a month away I am now back at home and working on the CMP again. I managed to get the water tank lower drain plate off and re set with a new rubber gasket, the original gate valve on the bottom after some cleaning and fitting of a new turn wheel is still functioning well. I filled the tank to the brim to check for leaks (none) and marked the suspension to see how it would settle. The truck only settled 1/2 inch with 250 gals/ 2000 lbs of water on it! They certainly over engineered these old trucks. I bought another more modern army water tank and pulled the valves off of it since the new ones I look at are crap compared to the old solid brass jobs.
I am trying to setup the cab and wire in the electrical this week and I can't figure out the seat mounting. As far as I can tell there should be another bracket that the sliding seat mount attaches to at the floor. Can someone send me a picture of the closeup seat mount parts? Whatever the angle bracket that bolts to the floor looks like I can't find it in the pile of parts I have. Jigsaw puzzles were never my preference.
Complete- Bofors 40mm on carriage
Complete Reproduction- Vickers, Model 1937 Tank
Waiting restoration- 1950 Cambridge carrier, Ford CMP Water truck, 1943 Universal carrier, 1945 Dodge APT truck, Canadian C3 Howitzer, several parts vehicles and a few ideas.....