View Single Post
Old 10-09-19, 12:11

So I was sent some pictures overnight that should once again make Peter quite happy. This is the work and solutions of Gerry Foster, a very talented local mechanic and personal friend.

I am writing what he discussed he would do and explaining it as best as I can.

The shifter assembly had several problems. One was the top spring was not contained and was able to poke out through the upper cap. A washer was domed and then reamed out to size and TIG welded into place and cleaned off.

The shifter rod itself did not index onto the pin in the mouth of the housing, it had way too much play. Gerry and I discussed options, he spoke of milling that out to match a newly made pin that he would make and fasten into the side to tighten it up.

The overall effect will be that the rods for each gear will move in and out as designed and not stay hung up so two gears try to engage at the same time which had led to fourth gear being blocked from engaging.

Personally I think it al looks much tighter and cleaner. I am sure if Gerry is happy with it then Peter will be also.

I would assume Thursday night will be a return trip to Cherry Valley on the County and see this fitted back in and Peter made a happy man.
Attached Thumbnails
lynx shifter 07.jpg   lynx shifter 09.jpg   lynx shifter 05.jpg   lynx shifter 06.jpg   lynx shifter 08.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62