Thread: London Blasts
View Single Post
Old 11-07-05, 07:04
Vets Dottir

Default Re: London blasts

Quote:
Originally posted by Norm Cromie
[B] We must endeavor to exercise that cliché, attack the cause and not the effect.
Hi Norm,

That's the most logical approach isn't it? If we can see beneath and beyond the symptoms to change the courses at their roots, then we'll all be off in a new direction. Wouldn't THAT be something? ... I only wish ...

Quote:
The world as we know it today is now in a colossal coalition of world religions which within their midst contain the powerful seeds of extremism.
Conflicting extremism at that ... so much "your way messes with my way and my way messes with your way" ... it seems that the only answer for survival and well-being for us all is to find new ways that creates that probability ... interdependency rather than dog-eat-dog and my-way-or-the-highway? : But then EVERYONE world-wide would have to learn to march to one drummer that everyone dances to the rhythms of ... highly unlikely to happen when we look at the natural progression of unchecked extremism that only builds the more that extremism feels threatened by extinction. Our instinct is to survive as we believe we must?

Are we really evolving? I often think that we're merely "continueing" on a progression that was started long ago and this progression must play itself out ... so many are too busy on auto-pilot fighting external forces and others and struggling to exist "as is" that it seems evolution can't happen. To me, to evolve means to "grow" ... to continue on their course as is, is to me, opposite of evolving.

We all need each other desperately in order to survive physically, period. This includes our Mother earth itself ... and beyond, I'm sure When I think of the world I imagine it as "one house" that we all live in and sustain ourselves from.

I see ALL OF US human beings as truly interdependent as a reality that we deny in our separative ways ... we deny reality for the sake of ... well, existential-survivalism??? trying to live life individually, within belief systems and groups, that are ... conflicting and interfering/destructive to others belief systems and groups ways. :

We will continue as is, until the beliefs that conflict and hurt change to beliefs and ways that reflect the reality of our interdependency on this planet (and beyond? )

We're like stampeding herds of cattle all running in different directions and running into and over each other because we're hell-bent on my-way-or-the-highway because our very existance depends on it (or so we believe? )

These are just some of my thoughts, and when I use the word "we" ... please know that I know I speak only for myself from my own perceptions and ideas about things ... and I know many of you have different perceptions ... I'm not speaking for "you" ... am only speaking from my left-field brain yet again

Without our aggressive self defence against terrorism we'll all be done in. This seems to be our reality that must play out.

.... Wacky Yappy