Thread: Logging On
View Single Post
Old 29-08-15, 21:29
Dog Robber

Hi Phil:

I am the last person in the world to comment on how to use a computer but no one else seems to be monitoring your question/problem.

So........

In early 2012, shortly after the death of Steve Jobs, I got convinced to get a Mac to replace my #2 PC, which was running Windows XP also.

It was recommended that I use Safari as my default browser and I fought the same problem you are having for several weeks, trying to "Keep it Apple" as the Apple salesperson insisted I do.

I finally switched back to Google Chrome, my original default browser, and that at least straightened that issue out.

I realize the Mac vs PC debate is very political, but I will say I not only will never buy another Apple product, I intend to retire my Mac as soon as my Computer Consultant assures me that Windows 10 is reasonably bug free and purchase another PC.

Apple products are marvelous machines/phones for people that are very technology oriented and knowledgeable but at the age of 75 I am neither.
I need something that is pretty intuitive and user friendly for a non IT person.

I don't know if this will help, but it fixed my problem that was similar to yours.

Bill