Thread: For Sale: Scarves to order
View Single Post
Old 07-10-16, 05:38

Default Scarves to order

Hi

If this is permitted,

Chilly winter coming according to the Almanac (which one doesn't matter) and my elbows have been making noises (AVGP X-Country at speed).

My Wife is Craft-y and made me a present for this season of fun, as she calls it. I am interested in WW2 medals so she made the typical ribbon row of x5 WW2 Canadian medals into a nice warm scarf for me. She did the same for her currently serving Brother and his x7, a x4 modern Cdn row for another, a modern British x5, one long scarf in the India General Service Medal etc etc etc. She does do devices like CD rosettes, CVSM OS leaf and MiD. Two of her WW2 sets are going to Legions and she's made a couple of deceased vets for their for family members.

Therefore I offer to you all a custom made crochet scarf in the British/Canadian ribbon combination of your choice. Crimea to Modern day (subject to the long-haired General's confirmation). See examples below. Single stitch crochet in quality acrylic and all colours are confirmed through my Medal Yearbook (2014 Ed). WW1 Victory Medal style or Kabul to Kandahar Star "watered" ribbon is not as "watered" though. x5 or x6 seems the most useful length for a ribbon row/scarf but as she does these on order, you can have whatever you like. She has done just one ribbon scarves by orienting it length-wise IE just a CD.

By no means a commercial enterprise for her; just her doing what she likes and offering others something they may like/want through that......at a small profit. Permanent Disability from VAC can be a bit boring sometimes.

PM for terms. Mods please delete if deemed in-appropriate.

regards
Darrell

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3128-1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	85625 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3129-1.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	85626 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3148.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	85627

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3150.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	85628 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3152.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	85629

Last edited by Darrell Zinck; 04-09-20 at 20:26. Reason: NOT WOOL! MY BAD!