Thread: Smokin'
View Single Post
Old 02-05-04, 09:37
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Common sense rules in Norway!
It's all about the rights of the individual - if a non-smoker visits my house, I'll probably smoke by an open window or something so that he's not overwhelmed by it, but he has to accept that I smoke. If I go to his house I don't smoke at all.
Respect each others views, and accept that we all have the free will to choose.

Most of us are ex-servicemen, or interested in the services or we wouldn't be on this forum; and after all, isn't freedom of choice one of the things that our fathers/uncles etc fought for...

I'll to that !

I agree with freedom of choice ... its just pretty dicey when two or more share a home, some smoke, some don't, both/all live there ... it seems like the best answer is a smoking room away from the common areas with good ventilation and a closable door so the bill paying smoker can be comfy and smoke in his/her OWN home ... but for many, thats not an option because of money or some other reason. It tough, and in that case, a real potential breeding ground for conflict.

Smoker living with Non-Smoker means its gotta be worked out with BOTH PEOPLE RESPECTED AND CONSIDERED. Everyone counts. Sometimes theres lots to consider hey? YIKES

Meanwhile... I AM considerate of, and even empathize with non-smokers, and respect their rules at their homes/cars etc. I smoke in my place but "considerately" when company calls

Yes... smoking is not healthy. Neither is a lot of other things but they aren't issues. Is it possible to live and let live without hurting each other?

Time for a ciggy then a sleepy