View Single Post
Old 25-08-15, 18:10

Default After the large tea and donut.....

Fully charged with sucrose and cholesterol we can back.....

As any one figured out the answer.......

Why is the door so short???

I measured two other sets of cab 12 doors and they all measured 26 1/4 in. more or less.......

Door opening is the same size as all the other cab 12 I have and the front and rear opening is all near paralelle.....

It is at this point that we fitted the windshield pipe frame and the roof..... desperately looking for reassurance that I woud not have to take the cab apart and cut off an inch to shortent it.

We bolted the cab agaisnt the back wall tightly and it support itself without any links to the windshield pipe frame and lined up very nicely.

Still that huge gap in the door.......

So I decided to try out the original cab 11 door..... now the hinges are all bent out of shape but nonetheless...............
......... most of the gap disappeared....?

The solution is complex and as yet to be fully tested...

First the leading edge of the door...... where the sheet metal skin is folded over is at least twice as wide as all opposite side or the bottom and curved area.

But I am still short of reaching the actual latch mechanism in the front cab frame.

My front latch frame on the arches are also worn and have since been removed fro sandlasting and rebuilding to full size with the welder.

The other observations is that of all the doors that I have NOT one set of hinges has the same twist, deformation and /or butchered welding.

So selecting the best hinges and using the hydraulic press we have reshaped a full set to the same profile which I believe...... fingers crossed..... will actually move the door forward sufficiently to line up properly.

I hope we have the solution and averted further surgery.

Progress report to follow.

Meanwhile any and all suggestions are desperately welcome.

Cheers

PS...... look at that smooth sheet metal curve....smooth as a baby's butt...... the sheet metal was rolled on both ends prior to gluing.....
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01923cropresized.jpg   DSC01926c rop.jpg   DSC01927crop.jpg  
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 25-08-15 at 18:12. Reason: braggin rights....