View Single Post
Old 25-04-17, 10:51
Ian Williams

Default 2017 F15A Starting over

Well after a short break of 9 years I am back on to my F15A.
To search threads here is my original linkk http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7402

The Army Registration Number is 57827 after researching at the Australian War memorial. It is a 1942 Ford F15A.

In 2009 I fell through my old trailer and crushed my back disks so I wasn't able to do a large truck until now. I have learnt a lot but know far from everything.

I'll have questions and suggestions. I take on that some people are perfectionists I'll admit I am not so live with it. This may be a little out of order But I will try to make it flow.

After an initial assessment the rust in the cab roof is worse than ever and I have NO desire to use Protec paint ever. It is porous and has allowed my truck to deteriorate badly. Ahh well live & learn.

I removed the roof the very next day. It will need to be sand blasted and repaired (again) I have had the gutter parts pre-made so I will mig them on once the Sandblaster has done his job.

A great example of care when assembling (somewhere between issue and me becoming owner)

Today (ANZAC DAY) I took the steering box off- yes some water inside but we'll have to see how it goes... :

Are there meant to be grease nipples here ??? (front of front springs?)

Cheers,

Ian

F15A,
2x Army Land Rover 88' sIIA's
GPW
Other stuff

Last edited by sth65pac; 07-07-17 at 08:52. Reason: No Photobucket ever again!!