Thread: Dom16 vs Por15
View Single Post
Old 08-06-17, 20:43

Default Dom16 vs Por15

Hi everyone.

So it seems as in all things good, people have to change things. Por did a big hange in their Canadian distribution system. Basically all the local dealers have been cut out and we now get to order from a national supplier in Quebec. Naturally the cost also seems to have gone up. A quart of semi gloss black is now $73 plus shipping plus tax.

Saying all this I've come across a Canadian made product called DOM16. It's supposed to be better and much cheaper to buy. However it only comes in gloss black.

Has anyone used DOM16? What are your thoughts? I liked using Por15 semi gloss black as it covered very well and if I left it cute it was still a rough finish for the tie coat primer to adhere with no issues. Whereas I'm concerned with the gloss (and they do dry looking like wet glass) that the paint won't stick. One video I found on YouTube suggested painting your top coat while the DOM16 was still tacky. This is do able but can make for some quick work/time lines to get everything painted before it sets up.

Of course the other option is ordering the POR stuff from the states.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer