View Single Post
Old 11-12-06, 06:41
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Aviation Museum

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
Yep, Temora's where it's all at for some of the best of Aussie Warbirds. Unfortunately they don't have a flying weekend in March but if I can wangle it to be there then you'll certainly get to sit in one!

This is the place, yeah baby!
Awesome. That would be such a treat, and way more than I expect or hope for. It would be wonderful to see you there and I'm sure you'd fill my ears with all kinds of stories and information about the Old Bird I know that this whole "trip" is going to be an ncredible learning experience for me, all round, about all sorts of things!

I finally was able to talk to my youngest kid and she is SO stoked for me. Well, AFTER she pumped me when she knew I'd be meeting some strangers way far off in other countries who I had never met before, etc, etc, etc ... I reassured her through telling her a LOT about MLU, Geoff she's already met and really liked and enjoyed, all of you members, bits of history and a briefing on some of you that I've met yada yada yada ... plus read her a few of the email/PM/forum messages and end result? She's very happy and excited for me.

Keefy, she was suitably impressed when I told her what you did for a living ... especially about hanging out of old planes and filming/snapping away.

By the way, she especially like Bob's comment (in the following post) about me just bringing my toothbrush and "knickers" and totally cracked up for about 5 minutes of laughter She's blown away by all of you people and what you are ding for her "Mommy" ... and also great news, her computer (she's never had one at home) is being delivered tomorrow and she will be connected to the net, so I'll be able to keep her posted through emails and photos while I'm over there, computer access willing ...

Well ... enuf babble for this one ... on to the next reply

Karmen