View Single Post
Old 12-12-06, 00:26
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
Karman we recieved your message about the length of time you can stay for, we will start putting a time table together for you and see what we come up with
Max
Awesome Max I really wish I could extend that, but you know the reasons why not, which I won't go into in the forum I apologize to any and all who wanted me there longer if this means I won't be able to see/meet some of you ...

Now ... PASSPORT .... IMPORTANT ... I talked to a local Notary Public and was told they would NOT verify me as they would have to know me personally for 2 (or was it 3?) years first. I need what they call a GAURANTOR ... anyone who knows me personally for at LEAST 2 YEARS in Canada and fits the category to qualify as a guarantor will work. I have to get the photos, fill out the app's and send to gaurantor to sign/etc then send to OTTAWA for processing.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/can/guarantor.aspx?lang=e

Applying for a passport
Guarantor
The guarantor must complete and sign the "Declaration of Guarantor" section of the application form and be able to confirm your identity. In the case of a child, the guarantor must have known the applicant (parent or legal guardian) personally for at least two years and have knowledge of the child.

Duties of a guarantor
Your guarantor must perform the following tasks free of charge:

Certify the information on the application form by completing and signing the "Declaration of Guarantor" section.
Write on the back of one of your or your child's photos, "I certify this to be a true likeness of (either your name or your child's name)" and sign.
If applicable, sign and date the photocopy of your supplementary documentation.
Eligible guarantors
Your guarantor must:

I need to find out how long this will take to process ... am thinking about how many people are probably applying right now in time for Jan 2007 ...

Karmen

Be a Canadian citizen residing in Canada and must be accessible to Passport Canada for verification.
Have known you personally for at least two years.
Be one of the following:
Chiropractor
Dentist
Geoscientist
Judge
Lawyer (member of a provincial bar association), notary in Quebec
Magistrate
Mayor
Medical doctor
Minister of religion authorized under provincial law to perform marriages
Notary public
Optometrist
Pharmacist
Police officer (municipal, provincial or RCMP)
Postmaster
Principal of a primary or secondary school
Professional accountant (APA, CA, CGA, CMA, PA, RPA)
Professional engineer (P.Eng., Eng. in Quebec)
Senior administrator in a community college (includes CEGEPs)
Senior administrator or teacher in a university
Veterinarian
Retired guarantors are not eligible unless the guarantor's name still appears on the listing provided to Passport Canada by the relevant association.

A relative may act as a guarantor for passport purposes provided he or she meets the specified requirements.