Thread: MBE Register
View Single Post
Old 06-07-07, 12:45
Des

Default MBE Register

Does anyone know if a Register exists for this award?

My late F in L ( WO 2. REME) was awarded this in 1945 for "service in NW Europe" & unfortunately the Citation signed by HM Queen Mary, was lost in a flood here in Oz.

My wife is trying to gather as much of her late Father's history as possible.
He was attached to the Newfoundland Regiment (?) LAD possibly Artillery before & after D-Day & is about all we know of his service back then. He was also evacuated from Dunkirk previously.

His service in Mogadishu with REME after WW2 is well known by her family, as is his service with the RA in the '30s & the installation of the guns on Sentosa Island (previously some other name, Blakengmati (sp?) in Singapore.

He enlisted as a Boy Soldier at RA College, Woolwich when he was just a lad & completed his Military life after retiring from RAEME in South Australia as a WO 1. Most of his life he was British & Australian Army

I E-mailed the Imperial War Museum for guidance on this, but they do not mention a Register of Recipients even though I specifically asked this. They did offer a series of Regimental links etc which at this time haven't been followed up, not knowing which way to turn. I told her that a knowledgeable person on here may know.

My wife would dearly like to obtain a copy of the Citation, although it seems unlikely it would be a facsimile.

Thank you in anticipation.

Des