Thread: Toggle switches
View Single Post
Old 26-01-20, 00:49
VMVC

Default Ford CMP- Revised light switch drawing

Good Day,

I stuffed up! Just checked a NOS toggle switch and my drawing was incorrect on the input side showing the common input terminals.

Only the top and middle are common. There is no terminal in the bottom hole and I confirmed no continuity with the rivet in that hole. See photo.

Drawing revised.

Since posting this I have found a couple of other type switches used on the Ford instrument panel.

Here is a summary:

C29Q-13239 TPST- 2 x inputs, 3 x output terminals. 3 required according to parts manual for tail, side, and head lights. (first photo)
C39Q-10999-A SPST- 2 x inputs, 1 x output terminal. Can be us used for Dash, Tail, and Stop lamp Isolation. (second photo)
C39Q-10999-C DPST- 1 x input, 2 x output terminal. Marked "INST" and "IGN" on body. Can be used for ignition, and dash lights (third photo)

Now before anyone worries about finding all the different types, the TPST type can be used anywhere.

Obviously during the war the design evolved to perhaps cut down types of switches held in inventory.

I have added another light switch wiring diagram to "Snakes Alive". This was derived from another original light switch assembly which used 3 x SPST switches and just 2 TPST switches.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
light switch wiring.jpg   IMG_0059.JPG   C39Q-10999-A terminals.JPG   C39Q-10999-C terminals.JPG  

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 31-01-20 at 02:04. Reason: Added other type switches and comments