View Single Post
Old 14-10-09, 10:12
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Talking Ok

Lionel,
Thanks for your call the other night. You sound like a half-decent sort of chap so I will go easy on you right now. Just make a note to yourself not to mention it when we meet face-to-face... especially if there is alcohol involved!
Rich is right and yes the Bathurst racers are a long way removed from your road car! But that is not the point and every year I love watching the race coverage from midday Saturday until 5.30 Sunday. Often this is by myself, because, invariably, some bastard will try to talk to you during the telecast and we all know that for six or seven hours on 'Bathurst Sunday' there simply is not enough time to talk!
Having said that, this year's race was another cracker & while 'one out of ten' is pretty dismal, you can bet your left hub nut that it is going to get worse. Ford are repeating the same mistakes they made in the 1970's and next year I will be surprised if there are any more than three of four ford teams competing at all.
And further to Rich's comment about them not being 'real' fords/holdens... at least the few remaining Ford boys can say that there are no Holden or Chev part numbers on any part of their car!
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)