Thread: Springs......
View Single Post
Old 23-06-04, 03:37

Default Very resourceful...

Hi Mark

Amazing what can be done with a little patience..... my press is only 20 tons but worth a try.... what do you use on the press head....... I was thinking of welding a 1/2 inch rod to the head so the pressure is distributed across the chalk line.....

Will have to try it just out of curiosity and to figutre out how much pressure to see the rust flake off.......

Let see....12 leaves at average 20 spots per leaf..... probably will take a few beers for lubrication...... sounds like a rainy day project.....

Any suggestions for installing your own centre bolts.... I have heard of awful stories about pressing spring packs and they slide off.......sproooiiinnngg is the last thing heard before waking up with a cast....!!!!

Seems the hard thing to come by now is the spring shackle bolts... my spring shop is running all over the states trying tofind the right ones...... in pinch I could have some made but the cost would be something else.

It would seem that out of the 12 pins are still good with minimum wear and they all came from the top part of the shackles where there seems to be less movement.... one altenative is to dismantle the other parts truck to see if I can find reasonably good ones..... or check our parts man in Holland for NOS....
Canada