Thread: Penguin Mkll
View Single Post
Old 22-07-13, 05:17
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Ed.

I was taking another look at that photo you posted of Rob's Penguin in service and realized the chap on the stretcher was being loaded into the vehicle via what appears to be the right front window.

Rob's photos clearly show a rear entrance, as well as one on each side, so now I am curious as to how the interior of these ambulance Penguins were set up. Was it just for two stretcher casualties one per sponson with crew access in the middle, or could a third stretcher be loaded via the back, over top of the engine area behind the driver?

The only other thing I can think of is the racoons wouldn't let the MO load the poor chap in the back door.

David
David
Both front windows open to allow stretchers to be put in. At this time I believe it holds four stretchers....2 on each side one atop the other.

That back door is actually the engine bay. The cover, oil cooler and radiator are loose in the cab at present. I don't think you would be doing a casualty any favors loading him into that location.

It looks like they are actually loading one of the 200 pound toboggans with the casualty on it. I believe the racks are meant for the normal stretchers, but will confirm it once I get the hull cleaned up and some of the brackets back in their positions.