View Single Post
Old 04-04-21, 12:01
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron View Post
Yes Chris , the fused switchboard replaces completely the C-5 Cdn switchboard . So i made what you call a 7C lead out of No 8 rubber insulation copper wire with a couple of copper connectors . Instead of plugging in the aerial socket , i screw the connectors directly to the variometer screw and nut . I will take pictures soon . Did a reception test and it works just fine .Thanks for the help . Any pictures Chris of all this nice equipment ? Cheers .
For my sins, I stayed up late last night, reading the WS19 Canadian Installation Instructions for the Truck & Ground Station, in conjunction with FZ 256/3. This turned up errors in both of them.

I already knew about the Connector 7C illustration being swapped with that of the 194, but there is also the Aerial Feeder No.9 which is shown as being connected to the variometer terminal (instead of being plugged into the aerial rod socket - this explains why the one I have is fitted with a plug like on the 7C (otherwise demounting the set would require fiddling around with the variometer connections and these would eventually break)).

The illustrations in the Installation Instructions show several different vehicle fits (which could be helpful as well as confusing) and there are various errors
in all of them.

I need to have a further think about all this.

Chris.