View Single Post
Old 16-02-05, 01:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: PVT.Eddie Smith..

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Pssst...Alex, me thinks maybe you've been watching to much CBC or CTV....Pvt... is the 'American' short form/abbreviation for Private...in 'Canadian', its: Pte...besides, Eddie was a 'Rifleman' or Rfn......

Cheers

Mark...
Thanks for pointing that out...Me...I was a blue job...AC2..AC1..L.A.C.....Corporal..Sgt..WO...

No Disrespect meant,but I thought there were Privates in the Canadian Army...When we really had and Army ,Navy and Royal Canadian Air Force...Pre 1966...A pox on Paul Hellyer...

Here is the guy that did this to us and now he wants to fix it..

Paul Hellyer started his political career in 1949 as Canada's youngest Member of Parliament. Eight years later he became the youngest Cabinet Minister.

Last year Hellyer was so incensed by the lack of real choice for the electorate that he joined with a coalition of concerned Canadians to form the Canadian Action Party which he now leads.

A man of many interests, Hellyer's ideas are not classroom abstractions. He was born and raised on a farm and his business experience includes manufacturing, retailing, construction, land-development, tourism and publishing.

His multi-faceted career, in addition to a near-lifetime in politics gives Hellyer a rare perspective on what has gone wrong with the economy and the utter folly of Canada's surrendering more of its sovereignty to multinational

THE EVIL EMPIRE: Globalization's Darker Side
by Paul Hellyer
114 pages
$9.95 Softcover
Published by: Chimo Media Limited