View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 07:27

Yes thanks indeed for the link Alex. All of a sudden I now have a picture and video of something I've never seen

With regard to a tilt maker? My own tilt was on my PU when I acquired it nearly 30 years ago so I can't help there. The obvious choice of course would be John and Mary Worthing as they actually owned a WOC1 for years and made their own tilt. (and quite probably made mine?) It might well be the vehicle that Ian now owns (I can't remember).

However some years ago they categorically gave up making canvas parts for everything other than US vehicles (mainly Jeep of course and using US canvas)
Jim Clark also concentrates on US vehicles but did manage to find some suitable second hand canvas to replace the AA Bren gun flap in the top of my original Tilly tilt. But again that was years ago before he bacame so busy.

My first call would be to see if Worthing's would make an exception as they probably still have drawings for British vehicles. Otherwise I guess it's a case of find some suitable canvas and get it made up on the hood bows by a local tarp firm, or someone with a heavy duty sewing machine. Ron
Ron